Big News Around You -- Fenton Man Pleads Guilty in Mortgage Fraud, Two Drown in Area Lakes and McCotter Resigns
Here is a look at five news stories that occurred around White Lake-Highland this week.
Here are five of the top stories this week in the areas surrounding Fenton.
1. The Detroit News reported on a Fenton man who pleaded guilty in federal court regarding a large mortgage fraud ring. Ronnie Duke, 45, and his co-defendents generated as much as $100 million in losses from fake loans, FBI agents said.
2. A semi overturned, spilling an unknown liquid that caused roads to close on southbound US-23 to westbound M-14.
3. Fenton Patch reported on two drownings that occurred this week, at Marl Lake and Lake Fenton. An 11-year-old Fenton boy and a 25-year-old Flat Rock man lost their lives after each disappeared in the water.
4. Ciing the toll the campaign for re-election has taken on him and his family, U.S. Congressman Thaddeus McCotter (R-Livonia) resigned from office before his term was up.
5. The Oakland Press reported an off-duty paramedic saved the life of a 4-year-old boy at Seven Lakes State Park in the Holly area on Wednesday. The child, from Flint, received CPR from the paramedic around 4:10 p.m. and was in good condition after that at a Flint hospital.