Fenton Man Dies After Flu Symptoms, Ice Not Safe in Oakland County
There was plenty of news in the White Lake-Highland area this week.
Here is a list of the top five most interesting stories from around White Lake and Highland this week.
1. Oakland County officials released an ice warning, after the accidental death of a man in a Groveland Township lake, White Lake Patch reports
2. A Fenton man, Kirk Beauchamp, 44, died three days after becoming ill with flu symptoms on Dec. 26, the Tri-County Times said. Beauchamp leaves his wife, Amy, and their five children.
3. Livingston County is the first to use a new type of snow plow, according to Hartland Patch.
4. The Detroit Free Press reports the U.S. economy added 155,000 jobs in December, while the unemployment rate remains at 7.8 percent.
5. In Livingston County Circuit Court, Donald Watts Jr. was sentenced to 29 months to 15 years in prison for providing heroin to Kimberly Schanta, 20, of Brighton, who was later found dead of an overdose in 2011, the Livingston County Press & Argus said.