Highland to Hold Second Business Round Table
Supervisor Rick Hamill said the first round table in January was a huge success, hopes to continue success with second event.
Local businesses are invited to attend a second business round table in Highland March 5 at 6:30 p.m.
Supervisor Rick Hamill said this meeting will be held at the Highland Adult Activity Center on John Street.
"Your attendance at the January round table was evidence of the level of quality that Highland businesses exude," Hamill said in a letter. "We had 140 attendees representing 90 businesses."
Hamill said the event was a very positive one.
At the first event, Hamill gather a series of data. That data states that:
- Over 50 percent of businesses are willing to actively participate in future solution sessions.
- 65 percent of businesses feel the sign ordinance needs to be improved.
- 30 percent of businesses feel lightening ordinances and site plan reviews need to be addressed.
- 25 percent of businesses feel that landscaping requirements need review and improvement.
- 20 percent of businesses feel the Zoning Board of Appeals, access and parking, administration and enforcement needs to be addressed.
- 10 percent of businesses feel the general provisions need to be addressed.
Anyone interested in attending the March event is asked to RSVP by March 1. To RSVP email email@example.com or call 248-887-3791 ext. 6.