The Root Restaurant & Bar to Close for Maintenance Jan. 7- Jan. 8
The popular White Lake restaurant will open again for dinner service Jan. 9 at 4 p.m.
If you want to get your fix at the Root Restaurant & Bar in White Lake you better do it quick.
The popular local business will be closed Jan. 7 and Jan. 8 for scheduled maintenance according to owner Ed Mamou.
The restaurant will reopen on Jan. 9 at 4 p.m. for dinner service and resume normal business hours the following day.
This month the restaurant is offering a special Wild Game feast Jan. 31 at 6:30 p.m. The event is reservation only and costs $60 per person.
The menu includes:
- Course 1 - Chilled Octopus Salad. Blood Orange. Pickled Red Onion. French Feta. Olive Oil Fried Almonds. Radish. Black Pepper Vinaigrette.
- Course 2 - Rattlesnake Tortilla Soup. Michigan Black Beans. Red Chiles. Avocado. House Fried Tortilla. Queso Fresco.
- Course 3 - Fried Brussels Sprouts. Wild Boar Bacon & Anchovy Vinaigrette. Smoked Pinenut.
- Intermezzo - 'Snakebite'. Lager Sorbet. Spicer's Hard Cider Float.
- Course 4 - House Made Pappardelle Pasta. Bear Bolognese. House Made Goat's Milk Ricotta. Wild Hedgehog Mushrooms.
- Course 5 - Duck Egg Dark Chocolate Creme Brulee. Wild Turkey Poached Michigan Cherry. Sorghum Molasses Gingersnap Cookie.
To make reservations for this event call the host desk at 248-698-2400.
Other specials offered at the restaurant are as follows:
Winter Weeknight Specials
(Weeknight offers valid January 14 - February 28 on the specific weekday listed.)
- Every Monday: $8 House Made Pizza du Jour 10" Hand Tossed.
- Every Tuesday: Half Off Bottles of Wine! Offer applies to any bottle under $100.
- Every Wednesday: 'Hand Crafted, Hand Cranked' $2 Draft Pints. $5 House Made Sausage Plate.
The Root Restaurant & Bar is located at 340 Town Center Blvd. White Lake. Hours of operation are 11 a.m.-10 p.m. Monday-Thursday; 11 a.m.-11 p.m. Friday and Saturday; and the restaurant is closed Sundays.