It's time to stock up on your favorite Girl Scout cookies, and Oak Forest Patch plans to make it deliciously easy for you.
We're making a list of any local troops who can deal a sugary fix of your favorite variety.
Here's a handy list of local troops, leaders and their contact information. They're ready and waiting to deliver the cookies you crave.
Can't remember which variety you like best? When in doubt, buy a bunch—or check out the Cookie Guide.
- Daisy Troop 70886, email Dawn Milmine at email@example.com.
- Troop 20352 from Country Oaks Elementary, email Loraine Moore Foster at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Junior Girl Scout Troop 20556 at Brooks, email the troop at Upsydayz@gmail.com. Cookie booths will begin Feb. 8 at White Lake Kroger, White Lake K-Mart, Colosanti's and more.
- Melissa McCarty, email Melissa.email@example.com.
- Troop 74556 from Lakewood, email Denise Hale at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Troop 70861 from Highland and Heritage Elementary, email email@example.com.
- Daisy 1st grade Troop 70663 at Brooks Elementary. Contact Vicki Vowell at firstname.lastname@example.org or (248) 230-0328.
Did we miss one? Oh no! Let's fix that. Email your troop number, leader name and contact information to editor Brooke Tajer, at email@example.com.
And just in case you were wondering...
just where all that cookie money goes,we did our homework. According to the Girl Scouts of America, all of the revenue earned from cookie activities stays with the local Girl Scout council that sponsors the sale. This includes the portion that goes directly to the group selling cookies. Councils use their cookie revenue to supply essential services to troops, groups, and individual girls, such as providing program resources and communication support, training adult volunteers, and conducting special events.
We hear there's a new cookie in town!
Yep. You heard right! Meet Savannah Smiles—a powdered, sugar-coated lemon cookie. Sounds yummy, right?
Any of these Girl Scouts or their leaders would be happy to help. Or Patch! We're definitely not the cookie experts, though.