Here is a list of the top five most interesting stories from around the White Lake-Highland area this week.
1. Nearly 1,000 tons of salt have been dropped on Fenton streets this winter, according to the Tri-County Times.
2. For several months large booms have been reported in Highland, the cause of the booms are dynamite used by a company doing seismic testing in the area, reported White Lake-Highland Patch.
3. The number of reported dogs bites in Genesee County has jumped 28 percent, according to the Flint Journal.
4. A total of 25 Fowlerville students were suspended from school for stealing snacks out of the vending machine, reported the Livingston Daily Press & Argus.
5. The Oakland Press had a neat story about a Michgian couple that has been married 83 years.