1. The second annual Two Men and a Truck Movers for Meals Program partnered with more than 50 schools and churches around the state to collect more than 500 pounds of food this holiday season, including three Brighton locations, according to the Brighton Patch.
2. Police were called to a scene involving a Northville man who said according to a report from the Northville Patch.
3. In a nationwide fungal meningitis outbreak from tainted steroid injections, two additional Livingston County residents have died, the Livingston Daily Press & Argus reports. Almost 500 nationwide, including 164 in Michigan, have fallen ill over the past several weeks.
4. Thursday’s warm weather drew one of the largest crowds in years to the America’s Thanksgiving parade in Detroit, the Detroit Free Press said. But the warmest Nov. 22 on record was in 1913, with temperatures of 69 degrees.
5. Thousands braved the cold in downtown Howell on Friday for the 29th annual Fantasy of Lights parade, according to a story from WHMI.