Patch is here to make your life ridiculously easy, so as you sit down today and plan your week, here are three events you should know about in the White Lake and Highland area.
1. Ladies Night Out in Downtown Milford
- When: Thursday, April 25, 2013, 5:00 pm
- Where: 1100 Atlantic St, Milford
- What: Retailers and restaurants will welcome hundreds of women to shop, dine and explore Milford’s Main Street for the Village’s 12th annual Ladies Night Out from 5 to 9 p.m. Thursday, April 25. The highly anticipated event includes giveaways, discounts, storewide sales, freebies, complimentary snacks and beverages at all participating retailers. Participants can collect stamps for the official Ladies Night Out postcard at any of about 35 participating businesses. Attendees who collect 10 stamps may enter to win one of 40 gift certificates, worth at least $20 each, by dropping the completed postcard off at any participating location.
2. Party at Babs to benefit Brighton Mom Prom
- When: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 6:00 pm
- Where: 334 W Main St, Brighton
- What: If you are planning on attending the Brighton Mom Prom on May 10th to benefit the American Diabetes Association, come to a ladies night out "Party at Babs" and have a glass of wine, choose your gently used prom dress, and buy some awesome accessories! Prizes throughout the night! Buy your Mom Prom tickets there!
3. Hartland Area Woodcarvers Guild
- When: Wednesday, April 24, 2013, 8:00 am
- Where: Hartland Educational Support Service Center, 9525 E Highland Rd, Howell
- What: The Hartland Area Woodcarvers Guild is open to all who want to learn to carve or to improve their carving skills. Our members are diverse and are united by an interest in creating unique and beautiful objects from wood. We are members of the Michigan Woodcarvers Association, and we participate in various carving shows and seminars throughout Michigan and the United States. Dues cost $10 per year, which includes a subscription to the national wood carver magazine "Chip Chats." For more information, call president Chuck Smith at 248-760-2689 or show chairman Larry Eichler at 810-240-5475.