In this video, Chef Stuart O'Keeffe makes a shrimp taco with mango salsa dish in the KD101 test kitchen that will bring the flavors of the season to your dinner table.
TELL US: What's the best place in town to get tacos?
Shrimp Tacos With Mango Salsa
Cooktime: 20 minutes
- 1 ripe Mango, peeled pitted and diced
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1 jalapeño, chopped, seeds removed
- 2 tablespoons cilantro, chopped
- 2 limes juiced
- salt and pepper to taste
- ½ teaspoon chili flakes 8 medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons canola oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 4 corn tortillas
- Combine mango, jalapeno, cilantro, lime juice, chili flakes, salt and pepper. Mix thoroughly and let set to marinate for 10 minutes.
- Pat dry the shrimp with a paper towel. In a bowl, drizzle olive oil over the shrimp and mix until well coated. Sprinkle in minced garlic, salt, pepper and chili flakes. Toss to coat shrimp.
- Heat in sauté pan or grill. Cook the shrimp for 5-7 minutes or until shrimp is done. Serve on warm tortillas and top with mango salsa.
More from Kitchen Daily:
The Ultimate Grilled Cheese
How to Make Perfect Mashed Potatoes
15-Minute Dinner: Angel Hair Pasta with Shrimp
This article is part of Mix It Up, an editorial series created in collaboration with AOL's Kitchen Daily and Huffington Post. It is dedicated to making the lives of mothers easier through articles, videos and slideshows focused on simple and creative solutions to everyday challenges. From healthy recipes to exciting ideas for a more balanced lifestyle, this section aims to become a resource for moms everywhere.