- When: Polls are open from 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 28
- Where: Your local precinct polling site (check municipal clerk's office if unsure). Check out our previous story for more details about your polling place.
- Absentee voting: Available at your municipal building by 4 p.m. Monday, Feb. 27, or by mail if a ballot was requested.
- Party choice: Any registered voter can vote in either party's presidential primary (President Obama is the only Democratic choice, aside from "Uncommitted.") , each voter's choice of party – not private candidate preference – remains on a public record in Lansing for 22 months. The choice has no bearing on how anyone can vote Nov. 6 in the general election.
- Republican delegates: 30 will be allocated according to each candidate's proportional share of votes. To be nominated Aug. 29 in Tampa, a candidate needs 1,114 delegates. So far, Romney has 105 delegates; Rick Santorum 71; Newt Gingrich 29; and Ron Paul 18.
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something