- When: Polls are open from 7 a.m.-8 p.m. Tuesday, Feb. 28
- Where: Your local precinct polling site (check municipal clerk's office if unsure). Check out our previous story for more details about your polling place.
- Absentee voting: Available at your municipal building by 4 p.m. Monday, Feb. 27, or by mail if a ballot was requested.
- Party choice: Any registered voter can vote in either party's presidential primary (President Obama is the only Democratic choice, aside from "Uncommitted.") , each voter's choice of party – not private candidate preference – remains on a public record in Lansing for 22 months. The choice has no bearing on how anyone can vote Nov. 6 in the general election.
- Republican delegates: 30 will be allocated according to each candidate's proportional share of votes. To be nominated Aug. 29 in Tampa, a candidate needs 1,114 delegates. So far, Romney has 105 delegates; Rick Santorum 71; Newt Gingrich 29; and Ron Paul 18.