Sen. Mike Kowall (R-White Lake) has been named one of the 2013 Legislators to Watch by Detroiter Magazine.
According to the article, it's Kowall's knack for economic development policy that's earned him the distinction.
The article states:
"...Kowall has shown a knack for economic development policy, evident by his role as chair of the Senate Economic Development Committee. He also serves as vice chair of the Senate Transportation Committee and has been a key proponent for the establishment of a Regional Transit Authority."
Kowall also represents Highland Township.
Other legislators on the list include:
- Rep. Gretchen Driskell (D-Saline)
- Rep. Tim Greimel (D-Pontiac)
- Sen. Bert Johnson (D-Detroit)
- Rep. Mike McCready (R-Bloomfield Hills)
- Rep. Wayne Schmidt (R-Traverse City)