The job posting for the next superintendent of Huron Valley Schools closed Wednesday, November 28, and 14 applicants have indicated interest.
The Huron Valley Schools Board of Education secured the services of the Michigan Leadership Institute (MLI) to assist the search process. According to MLI President Mike Wilmont, the applicant pool consists of a broad range of candidates from sitting superintendents to central office administrators and building principals. Five of the candidates are from outside of the State of Michigan.
The Board of Education will meet several times in December to interview applicants. The following December meetings will take place at Milford High School, and all begin at 7 p.m. All meetings are open to the public.
- December 5 - Board meeting to review applicants
- December 10 - Board meeting for first round interviews
- December 11 - Board meeting for first round interviews
- December 12 - Board meeting for first round interviews (if needed)
- December 17 - Regular Board meeting and second round interviews
- December 18 - Board meeting for second round interviews (if needed)
Jim Baker, Executive Director of Human Resources, has been serving as the Interim Superintendent since May 1, 2012. Board members appointed Mr. Baker following the resignation of former Superintendent Jackie Johnston, who accepted the same position with L’Anse Creuse Public Schools.
(Source: Kim Root, Huron Valley Schools)