The Huron Valley Schools Board of Education will interview four candidates for the position of Superintendent of Schools. At a special meeting of the board, the four candidates were selected from a pool of 14 applicants.
Interviews begin next week and will be approximately 90 minutes in length. They will be conducted over two special board meetings that are open to the community. Monday’s interviews will be held at Milford High School and Tuesday’s interviews will be held at Lakeland High School.
Following is a list of candidates who will be interviewed, and the date and time of each interview:
- Mr. James Baker is currently the Huron Valley Schools (HVS) Interim Superintendent. Prior to this position Mr. Baker served as the HVS Executive Director of Human Resources since 2010.
- Mr. Paul DeAngelis is currently the Deputy Superintendent at Birmingham Public Schools. Mr. DeAnglis previously served as the Director of Community Education at Huron Valley Schools until 2006.
- Dr. Robert Shaner is currently the Executive Director of Instruction and Technology for the Warren Consolidated School District since 2011. Dr. Shaner was also a high school principal for the Warren Consolidated School District.
- Ms. Cindy Weber is currently the Superintendent for Durand Area Schools. Ms. Weber has served in this position since 2007. Prior to her current position, Ms. Weber was the Assistant Superintendent in the Shoreham-Wading River Central School District in New York.
Monday, December 10 at Milford High School
- Robert Shaner – 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Paul DeAngelis – 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
Tuesday, December 11 at Lakeland High School
- Cindy Weber – 6 p.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- James Baker – 8 p.m. to 9:30 p.m.
(Source: Kim Root, Director of Comminications and Community Relations for Huron Valley Schools.)