As a season-ticket holding, die-hard Spartan, I can't tell you how excited I am that football season is finally here.
I love the atmosphere, the tailgates, the games and the passion that so many people have for college football. No matter if you are a Wolverine or Spartan, we can all agree that our teams will be exciting to watch this year.
So, whether your heading to East Lansing on Friday to watch your Michigan State Spartans take on Boise State; or staying at home and throwing a viewing party for the University of Michigan Wolverines vs. Alabama game, I have the perfect recipe for you to try - beer dip.
To make this recipe, which I found on a blog called Balancing Beauty & Bedlam, you'll need the following:
- 3 (8 ounce) packages of softened cream cheese
- 1 package of Dry mix - Ranch Dressing (like Hidden Valley)
- 1/2 -3/4 can of beer for 3 packages of cream cheese (I used Sam Adam's Boston Lager, you want a full bodied lager for flavor)
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese (preferably finely grated)
- Bacon bits (optional garnish)
To start, mix the cream cheese, dressing and beer in a large bowl until you reach your desired creamy consistency. Next, mix in 1/2 cup of the shredded cheese. Once blended, transfer into a serving dish and top with the remainder of the cheese.
At this point you can either serve it, or place in the refrigerator overnight. I prefer to let it sit overnight so the flavors are more pronounced. Prior to serving, garnish with the bacon bits. This recipe serves 12. Enjoy with pretzels or Frito scoops!