The Fourth of July is Wednesday, and while most workplaces are closed and the barbecues are fired up, you still may need to get out and around White Lake and Highland. Here's what you need to know about what's open and closed.
- Township offices: Parking tickets happen at all times of the year, including the Fourth of July. However, and Highland Township offices, including the clerk's office, supervisor's office and treasurer's department, will be closed Wednesday.
- Mail: The U.S. Postal Service will not have any post offices open on the Fourth of July, nor will there be any mail delivery or pickup.
- Trash collection: Trash collection will be one day late since the Fourth of July occurs on a weekday.
- Emergency: Call 911 for police or fire emergencies. For any nonemergency, call the at 248-698-4400 or the at 248-698-3335 in White Lake. For Highland, call 248-887-6240 for police and 248-887-8688 for fire.
- Library: Both the and Highland Library will be closed Wednesday. The libraries will reopen on Thursday at 10 a.m.
- Movies: Need to get out with the family on Wednesday, holiday or not? Take them to the movies! Here's what's playing at MJR in Waterford:Brave (first show at 11 a.m.), Madagascar 3: Europe's Most Wanted (first show at 10:40 a.m.), The Amazing Spider-Man (first show at 10:45 a.m.), Rock of Ages (first show at 10:20 a.m.) and Marvel's The Avengers (first show at 10 a.m.)
Do you own or manage a business in White Lake or Highland? Leave us a comment with your holiday hours.