Thursday, December 27, 2012
The Michigan Attorney General announced charges filed against 43-year old Raulie Casteel of Wixom Dec. 21.
The 43-year-old Wixom man accused of shooting at cars along the I-96 corridor has entered a not guilty plea to additional terrorism charges in Livingston County's 53rd District Court in Howell, according to WDIV-TV, Channel 4. In addition to the terrorism charge, Raulie Casteel pleaded not guilty to charges of assault with intent to murder and felony firearm in Livingston County's 53rd District Court on Friday. The first two charges are punishable by up to life in prison, while the firearm charges range from punishments of 2 to 5 years in prison. The county-level charges previously filed in Livingston against Casteel were dismissed and replaced with charges filed by Michigan Attorney General Bill Schuette Dec. 21. The charges pertain only…
Wednesday, November 14, 2012
Raulie Wayne Casteel had a preliminary examination in Novi on Wednesday morning and appeared in Livingston County Wednesday afternoon.
Livingston County has delayed setting a pre-trial date in the case of Raulie Wayne Casteel, who is accused of several felonies in connection with shooting incidents along the I-96 corridor, until the completion of competency exams ordered by the 52-1 District Court in Novi Wednesday morning. Livingston County Prosecutor David Morse said based on events in the 52-1 District Court earlier Wednesday, they would like to await results before proceeding in Livingston County. The Wednesday morning pretrial for Raulie Wayne Casteel lasted just a few minutes, in which the Honorable Brian W. MacKenzie ordered a forensic review for Casteel's competency and criminal responsibility. MacKenzie said he had already spoken with the prosecutor and judge's …
Monday, November 5, 2012
Following a stakeout in Wixom, a grey car was towed and a man was taken in for questioning by members of the task force created following shootings along the I-96 corridor.
Monday, October 29, 2012
Check out these alternate routes.
The I-96 shooter may have people rethinking their routes to and from work. Here are some alternate routes to I-96 and US-23: What alternate routes are you taking? Tell us in the comments. Police are searching for a gunman who is suspected of more than 20 shootings along the I-96 corridor. According to Fox 47 News, police are investigating what may be another related shooting incident that occurred Monday morning on southbound U.S 23 north of Brighton. According to the report, eastbound I-96 at Kensington has been closed down by police and101-FM WRIF reports that police are stationed on exit ramps from Brighton to Wixom. Police Shut Down I-96 While Investigating Possible Morning Shooting. Patch will post updates throughout the day.
Saturday, October 27, 2012
One driver is being treated for a gunshot wound to their buttocks, according to reports.
- POLICE & FIRE
- Tatum Ryan
Saturday, October 27, 2012
Updated on Saturday at 6 p.m. According to a press release from the Livingston County Sheriff's Department, a 46-year-old man from Delton was the victim of a gunshot wound that struck him in his left buttock while travelling eastbound on I-96 on Saturday. The vehicle was struck by a fired projectile in the driver's side door from an unknown firearm, according to the report. Police say the victim was transported to Saint Joseph Mercy Hospital and is listed in stable condition. Another incident, which occured at 11:52 a.m., involved an 18-year-old male driver from Canton and his 18-year-old female passenger from Plymouth, both of who were unharmed, according to the report. The vehicle was struck while driving eastbound on I-96, a mile west …
Wednesday, October 24, 2012
A multi-county task force has made progress on the Wixom shooter, offers $11,000 reward for information leading to the arrest of the suspected shooter.
The Wixom Police Department has announced that they've identified the bullets used in area shootings last week, and they've been linked to bullets collected from similar incidents in Livingston County. "The Oakland County Sheriff’s Office Forensic Laboratory has reported that preliminary tests have been completed on the ballistic evidence submitted by the Wixom Police Department and the Livingston County Sheriff’s Department," the release states. "The preliminary results indicate that the evidence was fired from the same gun. Additional testing will be completed to determine the gun’s caliber." The shootings have had area residents on edge, and school districts in the area, including Huron Valley and Walled Lake, have been on high alert. …
Monday, October 22, 2012
The recent shootings reported in Wixom, Commerce and along I-96 have prompted the Huron Valley School District to take precautionary actions, district officials said.
Recent shootings reported in Wixom, Commerce and other nearby areas have many local residents on edge; as a precaution, the Huron Valley School District has announced that they've placed their schools on alert. An announcement on the Huron Valley Schools website reads, "We wanted to make you aware that we have had no incidents in HVS, but are on the alert along with local law enforcement." Schools in Walled Lake and Wixom have been placed on lock down until the shooter is found. According to an article in the Detroit News, a task force has been formed to find the person responsible for more than 16 reported shootings in the last week. The article states that an unknown person has been driving around, along Wixom Road and I-96, shooting at …